August 12-15, 2013 (first day is a bootcamp)
- The Monday bootcamp will be in the Sloan building (northeast of Cahill) in room 151.
- The primary workshop will be in the Hameetman Auditorium in the Cahill building.
- The Thursday breakout sessions will be in three smaller rooms (Cahill 273, Spalding 410, and Spalding 118). (Spalding is directly west of Cahill).
- Please refer to this campus map for building locations.
Introduce the mechanics of iPTF to new users
Discuss improvements in the pipelines
Review proposed ideas for iPTF experiments (a call for the same will be issued shortly)
Discuss (informally) science drivers for the coming two years
Discuss new hardware (SEDM, LANL robotic telescopes)
On first day (August 12), conduct a 'bootcamp' for first time users on iPTF tools, databases, and facilities.
Meeting will consist of 4 parts:
A.   A bootcamp for first time users of iPTF to be held Monday, August 12 (limited attendance). This is essentially a set of 'how-to' tutorials.
B.   The primary workshop to be held August 13, 14, and 15(until noon).
C.   Informal breakout sessions to occur in the afternoon of the 15th.
(Possible) Day Trip to Palomar on Friday, August 16.(We may still have an unofficial, informal sign-up sheet at the meeting for those who may want to carpool in private cars.)
Please indicate all the activities that you wish to attend when you register.
Information for Speakers:
- Please regard the 15 minute duration as firm. Chairs are given very firm instructions to cutoff a talk at 15 minutes.
- Five minutes will be devoted to Q&A. This is as important as your talk.
- Please be prepared to supply the pptx/pdf file of your talk by end of the business day, one day prior to your talk, to Lin Yan (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will not badger you for your talk.
Important Note: Attending this meeting is by invitation only. Please register by the deadline (July 12th).